Standards, Directives, Guidance
ASSIST (Military Standards and Specifications)
- ASSIST is the official source for specifications and standards used by the Department of Defense and it always has the most current information. Over 111,000 technical documents are indexed in ASSIST, and the ASSIST document database houses over 180,000 PDF files associated with about 82,000 of the indexed documents. Managed by DLA Document Services in Philadelphia, the ASSIST-Online website provides free public access to most technical documents in the ASSIST database. The ASSIST Shopping Wizard provides a way to order documents from the DODSSP that are not available in digital form.
Concept for Joint Operations: Joint Force 2020
- This Capstone Concept for Joint Operations (CCJO) describes potential operational concepts through which the Joint Force of 2020 will defend the nation against a wide range of security challenges.
Department of Defense (DoD) Issuances (Directives, Instructions, and other publications)
- The DoD Directives System provides for the orderly processing, approval, publication, distribution, internal review, and records management of DoD Directives, DoD Instructions, and DoD Publications. The DoD Directives System also includes the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Federal Register System. The database can be searched from the "Advanced Search" page and from its own search page.
DoD Index of Security Classification Guides
- DoD's most accurate source of classification instructions. (Access: Distribution C. Distribution authorized to U.S. Government Agencies and their contractors).
Joint Electonic Library (JEL)
- JEL is the primary authoritative source of Joint Doctrine, Education, Training and Related information (JDEIS). JDEIS contains a searchable database of all approved Joint Doctrine Publications, the DoD Dictionary, and is the sole authoritative source for the Universal Joint Task List. Additional documents may be found using JEL+, users need Common Access Cards (CAC) and workstations with CAC readers, or DoD-approved certificates to access JEL+.