Submit & Verify Registration
1. Register using the Web-based application for validated registration: https://reg.dtic.mil/DTICRegistration/ValidatedRegistration.
Terms & Conditions
2. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
3. Choose one of the following login options:
- Click the Login/Register button to log in with your Common Access Card (CAC).
- Click the Login button to log in with your DTIC login ID and password.
Application for Validated Registration
4. Fill out the application for validated registration.
- Enter the agency/organization name on the organization line.
- Enter in your phone number or verify that what is listed is correct.
- Enter your organization's classified mailing address.
- Enter contract information ONLY if you are a contractor.
5. Enter your classified mailing address of your organization, in the Mail/Shipping Address section if you want to order classified documents from DTIC.
NOTE: You will need to be registered for classified access on the NIPR, if you ever need to have a classified document digitized for the Classified site.
6. Select the level of access you need: Confidential, Secret, Restricted Data (RD), CNWDI, NATO Unclassified, NATO Confidential, NATO Secret. Your security officer will need to provide brief dates if access to NATO and CNWDI are requested (NATO brief date must be within the last 12 months).
7. Enter government approving official's contact information-name, title, phone number, agency/organization name and email address.
NOTE: If you are a DoD, military or federal government employee,
your approving official will be your direct supervisor or someone
higher in your chain of command. If you are a contractor, your government
approving official will need to hold one of the following titles over
- Program Manager
- Contracting Officer
- Contracting Officer's Representative
- Contracting Officer's Technical Representative
8. Enter security officer's contact information - name, phone number and email address.
NOTE: An email will be sent to the government approving official and security officer requesting approval of your request.
9. Click on the Submit button. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. This email is not an approval notice.
NOTE: DTIC must receive all requested information to process your application.
After successful processing of your application, you will receive a welcome letter via email with your DTIC login ID.
NOTE: If you want online access to classified information: DTIC now has Registration directly on the SIPRNET. Please go to the following URL to register for DTIC's classified sites on SIPR at https://reg.dtic.smil.mil/SDTICreg.
NOTE: You cannot have online access to classified information if you do not have access to the SIPRNET and a SIPRNET email address.