Submit & Verify Registration
1. Register using the Web-based application: https://www.dtic.mil/.
Terms & Conditions
2. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
3. Select "Do not have DoD CAC" by clicking on the the Register button.
4. Enter your work email address.
5. Receive the verification email from Reghelp@dtic.mil. You must respond within 72 hours.
6. Click on the hyperlink in the verification email to continue the registration process.
NOTE: Contact your administrator if the email is not in your inbox. Make sure that emails from Reghelp@dtic.mil are not being blocked. You can also contact DTIC's Customer Access Team for assistance at (703) 767-8273 DSN 427-8273 Option 2, or send email to: Reghelp@dtic.mil.
7. Re-enter your work email address and enter the token from the verification email. Your email address must match your previous entry.
8. Click the Validate button.
9. Choose I am a US DOD/Government Contractor.
10. Fill out the registration application.
- Enter your contracting company name on the organization line. This is the company that pays your salary.
- Enter your work address.
- Enter valid prime contract number in the Prime Contract Number field.
- Enter your contract classification.
- Enter a valid expiration date for the contract.
- Militarily Critical Technical Data Agreement Certification Number and Expiration date. Leave blank unless you would like to have access to export controlled information. If you are not the custodian of the certification, DTIC will require the custodian to send an email to Reghelp@dtic.mil giving you permission to use the certification.
- The Type of Access available is:
- Unclassified, Limited (UL)
11. Enter classified mailing address of your organization, in the Mail/Shipping Address section. if you want to order classified documents from DTIC.
NOTE: You will need to be registered for classified access on the NIPR, if you ever need to have classified document digitized for the Classified site.
12. Select the level of access you need: Confidential, Secret, Restricted Data (RD), CNWDI. Your security officer will need to provide a brief date if access to CNWDI is requested.
13. Enter government approving official's contact information - name, title, phone number, agency/organization name and email address.
Acceptable government approving official are:
- Primary Contracting Officer (PCO)
- Contracting Officer's Representative (COR)
- Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR)
- Program Manager
- Project Manager
The following agencies have designated approving officials:
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Federal Aviation Administration(FAA)
- US Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
If you are registering a contract from one of these agencies, make sure you use the correct government approving official on the application.
14. Enter security officer's contact information - name, phone number and email address.
NOTE: If you are working on a military base, enter the facility security officer's contact information. If you are working at your contracting company's location, enter your company's security officer contact information. Also, DTIC requires all contractors to provide their contracting company's CAGE code, regardless of their location, for facility clearance verification through Defense Security Service (DSS).
NOTE: An email will be sent to the government approving official and security officer (if provided) requesting approval of your request.
15. Click on the Submit button. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. This email is not an approval notice.
NOTE: DTIC must receive all requested information in order for you application to be processed.
After successful processing of your application, you will receive a welcome letter via email with your DTIC login ID.
NOTE: If you want online access to classified information: DTIC now has Registration directly on the SIPRNet. Please go to the following URL to register for DTIC's classified sites on SIPR at https://reg.dtic.smil.mil/SDTICreg.
NOTE: You cannot have online access to classified information if you do not have access to the SIPRNET and a SIPRNET email address.