DTIC® Training Descriptions
The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) provides free training
to registered DTIC users at its Fort Belvoir, Virginia headquarters.
Additionally, customized and on-site courses can be provided, with
travel expenses paid by the hosting organization.
The training curriculum includes S&T Resources for the DoD Community,
DoD Scientific and Technical Information (STINFO) management, and
marking documents for distribution.
See the training
schedule and registration
for the following courses:
DTIC Boot Camp: S&T Resources for the DoD Community
- DTIC Boot Camp is a one-day, interactive workshop for customers to learn how to maximize DTIC's Suite of Services to meet their information
needs. Students will learn the functionality and content of the online information resources available through DTIC Online Access Controlled
(DOAC), DTIC's Web-based system for accessing unclassified, limited information also referred to as controlled, unclassified information
(CUI). The instructors will identify the content of significant collections and provide practical tips for searching and retrieving relevant
information from a wide variety of resources. The training features the benefits and use of DTIC's Web 2.0 information sharing and professional
networking tools, DoDTechipedia and Aristotle, available not only to DoD but to other federal agencies and their contractors. DTIC Boot Camp
training also provides instruction on submitting documents to the DTIC collections.
- This one-day, hands-on training course is conducted at DTIC Headquarters, located in the Andrew T. McNamara Headquarters Complex (HQC) at Ft.
Belvoir, VA. If all attendees are from the same organization, customized training modules can be developed relevant to that group's specific
requirements, or additional courses of varying lengths can be added to provide tailored instruction. User-site instruction can also be
arranged if the requesting organization assumes the instructor's travel and lodging costs.
DoD STINFO Program Manager
- The DoD STINFO Manager Training Program increases attendees' knowledge of the DoD STINFO program, provides instruction to the management
and conduct of an organizational STINFO program, and facilitates more direct information exchange among those who oversee scientific and
technical information programs (STIP). The Basic STINFO Manager Training Program course is three days, but selected modules can be taught
in 1- or 2-day sessions.
STINFO Manager Overview
- A one day overview of the most significant material covered in the three day class. It is intended as a refresher for experienced STINFO
personnel or as an introduction for those new to the field.
Marking Technical Documents Course
- This class provides an understanding of the rationale and mechanics of assigning appropriate distribution statements, the For Official Use Only
(FOUO) marking, and the export control warning notice to DOD STINFO. Instruction includes lecture, videotapes, handouts, training text, and STIP
documentation. This course is offered only by specific request. To schedule a session, email email@example.com or call (703) 767-8240/DSN 427-8240
A comprehensive listing of the dates and times DTIC training is offered.
Training Registration Form
Select a training class and register online!